Moto Zajednica

Bmw V8.... A tek V12!!!

• Svrati ponekad, 170 postova
  • Motocikl: Harley Davidson

BMW V8 Powered Motorcycle

April 12th, 2006 by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider"

Harald Geiling runs the Roadrunner Bikeshop over in Mainz, Germany, selling motorcycles and also doing a lot of frame repair. Somehow or another, the idea of building a V8 motorcycle entered Harald’s mind and being more of a doer than a dreamer, that’s what he did.

He bought a 4 liter V8 from a BMW 740i, and squeezing time in over a period of four years, he made the motorcycle pictured here. The engine is stock and produces 286 hp and 300 foot pounds of torque. The exhaust is an 8 into 1 running through a Kawasaki muffler. The radiator comes from a Volvo 340. He built a two speed gearbox which powers the belt drive. Wheels and suspension are modified pieces from various Kawasakis.

The bike weighs 1100 pounds and has a wheelbase of 88 inches! OK, it’s not practical but you have to give him points for creativity. He’ll build another one if you have $90,000. As for Harald, he’s thinking about another car engine for his next bike, a V6 Mercedes CDI diesel.

post-1576-12878992741577_thumb.jpg

post-1576-12878992741817_thumb.jpg

Podeli ovaj odgovor sa prijateljima

BMW V12 Powered Motorcycle

April 20th, 2006 by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider"

If 8 cylinders are good then 12 cylinders are better, right? We showed you the BMW V8 motorcycle the other day and now we’ll show you what happens when someone takes a 5.5 liter BMW V12 and builds a drag bike around it. HMS Sportbikes, over in Germany, has been working on this project, taking the engine from a BMW 750i and creating something a little more sporting. They say it will have twin turbos and NOS but it looks to be a bit short of complete at this point.

post-1576-12878992742134_thumb.jpg

post-1576-12878992742263_thumb.jpg

A ima i dizela...

There’s a group of folks called The Crucible, building all sorts of neat stuff out in Oakland, California. It looks like they’ve put together a biodiesel motorcycle with a couple of goals in mind. They want to promote the use of biodiesel and other bio fuels but they also want to set a new land speed record for diesel motorcycles, currently a mere 105 mph.

This custom has a hand built frame, a BMW swingarm, possibly a BMW fork and a custom aluminum fairing that looks like it one of the old dustbin fairings we used to see.

The engine is from a BMW 320D. It’s a 4 cylinder, 4 valve turbo diesel with a displacement of 1995cc. Power output is 163 horsepower and 251 foot pounds of torque. The engine can run on diesel, B99 biodiesel or straight vegetable oil. The whole bike weighs in at a rather hefty 1100 pounds, no small part of that probably due to the engine itself.

They plan to take it to Bonneville this year to see what they can do. Since the bike has already run over 120 mph, a new record seems likely. I would expect diesel motorcycle records to start falling with some regularity since there has been some interesting work going on with diesels, but this one looks pretty neat for a small group of builders.

post-1576-12878992779995_thumb.jpg

• ¡Siempre adelante!, 2188 postova
  • Motocikl: BMW F650GS... Harley-Davidson Nightster

Odvratno.  Ovo nisu motori. Podseća me na slike u novinama tipa rodilo se tele sa šest nogu ili ovca sa dve glave.

• www.markone-pegaz.rs, 2426 postova
  • Motocikl: Napokon... BMW R1150GS!

Xe, xe, xe...

Ne dajmo se sekto! Oni bi da nam skrnave BMW-a a?!

Moram priznati da je zanimljivo ali u estetiku ne bih ulazio  ;) ;D ;D ;D

• Ne silazi, 5813 postova
  • Motocikl: Kawasaki H2 SX SE '23 / Triumph R3 Storm R '24

Ljudi se zezaju bre, prave raznorazne gluposti iz dosade, može im se. Iz toga ponekad ispadne i nešto pametno.

Pridruži nam se!

Možeš sada da napišeš svoj odgovor, a kasnije da se registruješ. Ako imaš nalog, uloguj se i napiši svoj odgovor.

Gost
Odgovori na ovu temu...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Aktivni korisnici   0 članova

• Nema ulogovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranu.

Važno obaveštenje

Nastavkom korišćenja ovog sajta prihvatate Pravila korišćenja