Moto Zajednica

Svasta nesto...

• Svrati ponekad, 170 postova
  • Motocikl: Harley Davidson

ili tenk!!!Kettenkrad - the motorcycle tank

January 13th, 2006 by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider"

Yesterday’s post about the single tracked all terrain motorcycle designs reminded me of these WWII motorcycle tank hybrids. Very odd vehicles and I’m not really sure of the reasoning behind their construction, why the motorcycle front end was necessary isn’t clear, the one site says it’s for stability at high speeds and you actually could remove it in really rough terrain, but they do look interesting.

Specs say they could get up to 45-50mph with the 4 cylinder, 1478cc gasoline engine sourced from Opel, while the vehicle itself was made by NSU. It was designed to go into mountainous terrain and tow a trailer or small gun.

The web sites say there were about 8400 Kettenkrads produced during the war and over 500 afterwards. Some collectors keep them going and I think they look like a real hoot. I love stuff like this and if you dig around enough, you never know what you might find. Neat.

post-1576-12878992749761_thumb.jpg

post-1576-12878992750037_thumb.jpg

Podeli ovaj odgovor sa prijateljima

Malo Francuza...

A new motorcycle company from France? It looks that way and their first bike is pretty sweet. Wakan Motorcycles has produced the Wakan 1640, a single seat, V-Twin powered sport bike built around the AC Cobra idea of dropping a big American powerplant into a sporty European frame.

post-1576-12878992751171_thumb.jpg

post-1576-12878992751529_thumb.jpg

post-1576-1287899275177_thumb.jpg

A ima i  R-BIKE

The bike has a multi link suspension on both front and rear and is designed around a single cylinder engine. The seat, footpegs and handlebars all adjust as the frame shifts giving the rider the correct riding position for each style of bike. A nice feature is the ability for anyone to easily mount the bike with the seat in the lowest position and yet still have the ability of riding a high seat off road bike when the frame adjusts.

The bike only exists in the computer at the moment while they look for investors. According to the web site they plan to produce the first bikes in March of 2008.

post-1576-12878992752989_thumb.jpg

post-1576-1287899275343_thumb.jpg

post-1576-12878992753749_thumb.jpg

post-1576-12878992754055_thumb.jpg

Pridruži nam se!

Možeš sada da napišeš svoj odgovor, a kasnije da se registruješ. Ako imaš nalog, uloguj se i napiši svoj odgovor.

Gost
Odgovori na ovu temu...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Aktivni korisnici   0 članova

• Nema ulogovanih članova koji gledaju ovu stranu.

Važno obaveštenje

Nastavkom korišćenja ovog sajta prihvatate Pravila korišćenja